Saturday, November 7, 2009

Like sister, like brother

Yesterday I put Rigg in the doorway jumper for the first time. He LOVED it. It didn't surprise me much. he loves being up-right and loves to kick his legs. This lets him do both without having to work as hard as the excersaucer and bumbo seat. He can just hang out, twirl, spin, kick and jump his heart away. As I was taking pictures of him in the jumper, I was suddenly struck by a since of deja vu. Caden loved the jumper as well...you might remember from here.




They are so alike and so different. As are most siblings, I am sure. The older he gets, the more he resembles her. But their personalities are very distinct. This is an answer to a prayer I prayed while pregnant. I asked God to make Rigg so much his own person that we would not expect Caden from him...that we would not try to make him into his sister...that we would enjoy Rigg for who God made him to be, not who we wanted him to be. God has answered...in many ways. One of which is He has given me a son who already knows the difference between HGTV and a football game on TV. He is much more interested in the football game, to the delight of his father. We could not be more happy to see Rigg blossom and grow with each passing day into who God made him to be.



It is a bit heart-wrenching sometimes seeing the shadow of his beautiful sister in his face and actions...or in his love of a certain toy or mirror. God knows...He prepared this for us a long time ago...

4 comments:

oneblessedmama said...

Your Blog never leaves me unchallenged, or without a heart of Praise for our God- Shaun read it fort he first time last night and we discussed what a wonderful ministry God has given you in the midst of your loss- may He continue to use you and may you continue to see Him as the pieces fit together!

Heidi Stone said...

They are both so adorable. And by the way, I am LOVING that outfit the Riggster is wearing. VERY cute.

Julie : ) said...

that swing looks so fun I'd like to buy one for sherwin! : ) So Glad andy has finished his chemo! very proud of him! (in a weird little sister sort of way)

Kathy said...

My goodness your Caden was a such a little doll!! I think she must have favored you and Rigg looks just like his daddy! I love your reading your blog and pray for your family all the time!