Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chewing on Grover

Hello, people. This is not Cari, but Cristi. I have been talking with her and she asked that I post some information for you all, so's yo uknow what's going on.

Yesterday Cari & Andy took Rigg to Riley hospital on the advice of his doctor (Rigg's, not Andy's). Anyway, they stayed overnoight with Rigg on IVs.

He was partially dehydrated, but his IV intake has been cut in half now. They are trying to get him to take more liquids.

He has been diagnosed with RSV, but it is on the upswing, and he should be getting better. They will be staying one more day at the hospital.

Rigg is in good spirits and Cari & Andy are doing well. As I was talking to Cari, she said that Rigg is having fun chewing on the head of a Grover doll that her father got him.

I hope you don't hold my writing against Cari, I just happen to be easy to reach! My family & I will continue to pray for them all, as I'm sure you will as well.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Captain & Cari - This is Tiffany, one of Jen's IRL friends from Durango. Two of my three girls had RSV as infants - I know what that is like. Know that we are praying for you all today. Rigg's lungs are being held up to the Father for healing today, as are your spirits.

Unknown said...

We are praying for you three and your families.

oneblessedmama said...

Praying for your son! Quin had RSV at 3 months, and he is doigFAB now!

Boothbloggers said...

consider your family covered in prayer!

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

Cari, Andy and Big Rigg,
Prayers prayers prayers are being sent to our heavenly father for you guys today. I had no idea. Can I just say that this 9-5 thing is really wrecking my blog rhythm? Tiff is the woman to talk to about RSV. And she's is totally my IRRRRL friend. :) I am praying you guys have peace and from the way it sounds God is all over this. I am glad to hear he is chewing on Grover's head. I used to have a cookie monster puppet and I would chew on his eyes. Love you guys... I praying praying praying.
Lv, jen

Anonymous said...

Prayers are being said for you and Rigg. Mack had RSV when he was younger as well, and recovered fully. We are praying for Rigg.
Heather

The Mitchells said...

We prayed over you all last night as Katherine told us what was going on...you have been in my thoughts and prayers all day...please let us know as soon as you are going home and we will rejoice with you.

love,
Andrea Mitchell (Dallas, TX)

Christina said...

You'll be in my prayers as well. I have a daughter with pneumonia and a 6 month old son with a cough and wheezing right now too, so I'll just add Rigg to my list!

Hang in there and rest in the prayers being lifted up on your behalf.

Christina

Beth said...

Hoping and praying Rigg is feeling better and home soon. I think I commented once to you that my (now almost 10 month old) daughter is in LOVE with Rigg - she just ooohs and aaahs when she sees his picture - so she is also sending prayers and thoughts to Rigg, too!

R said...

You're in my prayers!