Monday, December 8, 2008

Almost Famous

So last night was a blast.

I went with my friend Jen to see Selah in concert.

As most of you might know I have a healthy obsession with the singing group...I have a couple of their songs attached to this blog, as well as sing many more at the top of my lungs when they are played on the radio or throughout my house...I might do it at your house if I am ever there and you are playing them on the radio as well.

Anyhooo...it was AWESOME. They can sing people!!! Oh can they sing. I laughed, I cried, I worshiped...I wanted it to go on for ages and forever. But alas. It had to end.

So another fun thing....I got to meet 'em! Yup. shake hands and talk to them and everything. I really wanted to talk to Todd Smith because his wife writes the blog I stalk (this one) and I wanted to tell him how much of an encouragement she has been to me after Caden died. Well I got to talk to him and I told him how much I love his wife and about my sweet Caden. He was very nice. As I was talking I felt every part of the blubbering idiot I was, I just know I wanted to tell him all these things, because his family and his wife have meant so much to me. Only when I left did I remember that not one time did I mention how much I love his music!!! Can you believe I left that out!!!! I mean, HELLO. The man just spent the better part of two hours singing his heart out and all I say is " Hi, I lost my daughter too...I LOVE YOUR WIFE AND HER BLOG!!" ( or something to this effect) and didn't even mention that I am slightly obsessed with the wonderful group he sings in!!!!

IDIOT!

Anyway. I did get a pic with the group. You will kindly notice that I am behind the signing table WITH them, as if I am part of the group...that's right folks, just hanging with the band!

Enjoy the pic. (thanks, Mark, for having your camera phone ready!)

6 comments:

Heidi Stone said...

Ohh, how fun, Cari! I'm also slightly obsessed with them.

And don't feel like an idiot. I'm sure he was touched to hear your story. :) Obviously you like his music. If you didn't, you wouldn't be there....blubbering like a fool. Lol.

I'm so kidding.

I love you, Cari.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so happy for you...and filled with this ugly jealousy at the same time. I have to go pray now.

Stacey said...

so fun! I guess I was talking too much on the phone this morning to let you tell me about your fun evening! so sorry. :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Elizabeth, I just made gingerbread men, I'll save you one, I heard you love them!! Barb

Lindsey said...

What a fun evening! I'm glad that you were able to go and to meet them. I'd love to see them in concert sometime too. (I really like the pregnancy countdown on your blog.)

Richard said...

Who told you about that concert Cari? Man, whoever did must be a great friend.
I'm glad you had a great time and got to hang out with them. Maybe next time they roll through you can tell them that you actually like their music too. just a thought. . .