Wednesday, September 19, 2012

so... I threw this baby shower.



back in... Ahem... August...
for my friend Lauren.
You might remember me mentioning my friend Lauren... and her son Michael
I've known her since I was in 8th grade.
She is family.
And we now share a sorrow of life that has brought us closer together, just one of God's awesome ways that He shows us He has a plan and He takes care of His own...

So when Lauren said she was gonna have another baby... I was all like...
LET ME THROW YOU A SHOWER, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE.
or something real nonchalant like that.
she was kind enough to oblige.

My house is small... tiny even.
I love my house for so many reasons...
I hate my house for so many reasons too.

One hate-reason being that it is t.i.n.y ... making it hard to comfortably host things.
However, I knew I could make it SUPER cute for a baby girl shower.
and I am all about making things cute.
I get a bit obsessed about cuteness... and the making of the cuteness.

I knew I really wanted to make a big, hanging centerpiece. So I opted for Chinese lanterns and tissue paper poufs.


I loved it... It still makes me happy.
Like giddy-school-girl happy.

I also got to go hog-wild with way cute scrapbook paper and my glue gun.
Ahhh... the joys of a girl and her glue gun...

 

Another thing I did was go a tish bit over board on art for baby Isla's (eeekkk, could you just die over how adorable her name is!) nursery.
I made 3 prints in colors that will go with the nursery decor...
and I almost kept 'em I love them so.


as well as made an 8x10 print that I framed. (crummy pic from my camera...)


And then to top it all off... My friend Cristi made the most beautiful, most deliciously decadent cupcakes.
I might have eaten 2 at the party...
and one after the party...
and two the next day...
Maybe...




My friend Lauren and her beautiful Mother and sister...


and, dang-it, if I didn't go a whole day all showered and make-uped and dressed nice and no picture to show for it... So I took one of myself .
I am posting it here because I know when I stalk other peoples blogs, I feel like I never actually see enough pictures of the person who is actually writing ... just their kids, and their house and all the other intimate details of their life... but, come on, I wanna see whose talking..
So here's me...
you're welcome.




2 comments:

Julie : ) said...

beautiful - nice work :)

Unknown said...

Lovely party! I adore any kind of party, but especially baby showers. And thanks for picturing yourself. I love knowing what you look like. Beautiful!