Tuesday, February 21, 2012

a bit random




Life has begun to slow down here.
In a good way.

but it makes for boring blog posts...or with my recent track record in mind... no blog posts...

I have come here today to rectify that... the no blog post's part... I cannot promise not boring.

I have a bit on Rigg and Ryder planned for later this week, so you won't see much of them today. But do not fret...they are well.... and crazy and adorable and maddening...as all little boys should be.

Ryder is a handful... but so cute I want to squish him all the time.


Rigg has been over the moon with some Valentines he recieved this year.  He carried this heart around for days... even slept with it a night or two.


In the first week of March I am going on a trip. My first "away-ness" since this trip I took with the Captain after Caden died. I am not going with the Captain this time. I am going on a girls trip. The Captain will have to stay and hang out with the boys for 3 days and 2 nights (poor Captain) While I will relax and shop and sit and eat all of a hot meal in one sitting (yeah me!!)
I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am.

SOOOO EXCITED!!!

But it is not for another 2 weeks... So I need to cool my jets a bit.

In other super fun news...
I got a new-to-me light!!!



It used to be my grandparents. It hung in their home since the 70's or earlier. When I was over helping my mom clean out my Mama's closets, I told Papaw that I loved it.
Next time mom went over, he had it down and ready to move. Now it resides over my club chair in our living room... and I could not be more delighted about it.


Pretty, huh?
swoon

The Captain got me a great Valentines day gift...
no, I am not pregnant...

He bought me new dinning chairs....


3 out of 4 of the old ones were broken. And by broken I mean 1 was completely gone... broke in two ages ago. The other 2 were falling apart fast, and they had nails and sharp bits poking out all over... unsafe for littles, or accident prone persons such as myself.

We found an excellent deal on some that looked good with our table (it is holding up nicely, if you ignore the huge burn mark in the not so exact center where I let a candle burn far too long) and everytime I gaze over at the dining room I get a silly smile on my face...
ahhh...new chairs...
and yes, that is Ryder chewing on a swiffer in the background...

also for my dinning room... months ago, I had a craft day with my friend Lauren... our main job was to add a splash of color to the top of my BLACK armoire, which sits against my DARK BROWN wall. Every time I looked at that corner I said blech, and heard a sad whaa-whaa.
So we made some (large) colorful pears to brighten it up!


How cute are they? And oh-so colorful... my little heart could burst with the joy of it!!


and they help a lot!!! Still this picture looks rather boring... but ther was no good way to crop it...so there ya go...

I also helped my friend Cristi make some more cakes... this time for a bridal shower. Cute polka-dotty goodness.They were tuquoise, pink and red... but my camera phone didn't quite capture the adorableness.


And to end this jaw dropping post with even more earth shattering news...
The Captain and I have been having some epic scramble battles...
upon one of my more thrilling victories, I snapped a screen shot... to memorialize it's greatness.

 Ahh, sweet victory!!!

No comments: