Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lady Likestotalkalot

If you know me in person, you know I can be a talker. Ok, to tell the truth, that is putting it mildly. If we are going to be candid...you really can't get me to shut up. Silence is an enemy I will beat to death in no time flat...

Just one of my many winning personality traits, thankyouverymuch.

I have had many a lesson on putting my foot in my mouth. I am also well aquainted with that sinking of your stomach feeling after you realize you talked your self into a mess and just kept going instead of shutting your pie hole.
Now, before you get the wrong impression of me, you need to realize, I do know when to quite talking... it just usually hits me about a minute or so after I should have. My filtering system is a bit slow...but I really a joy to be around. :) (said with sarcasim and wit...)

Last year in my quiet time and bible study I learned A LOT about God and who He is. His power, His sovereignty, His faithfulness, His holiness. It was an awesome year. My life experiences meshed with my study and I could see God, His character and plan play itself out in my everyday. I could go on and on about what He taught me and how He taught me... and I have (see my posting archives if you have doubts on that matter...)

This year I am studying Jesus. Just as awesome. However instead of learing about who God is, I am learing about who I am... and that ain't so awesome. I am a prideful, stubborn, selfish, unfocused, gabby kind of a person. Really, when you look at me that way... whew, I am a mess. However, acceptance is the first step, right? I know God is working because I can see myself and my sins... and I know He forgives. I know He is gently molding me, changing my heart...I know because I am learning how to listen!(the proper way)

Now, I am not that good at it...but I am trying. And when I fail, I notice it like a blazing flare in the night sky...sinking feeling as well as foot in mouth and all....

God is working in me...you can tell because of the silence...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ok, got it out... silence is hard!

2 comments:

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

Well it sure is good to know I am not the only one. My filter from my brain to my mouth is very very teeny tiny. God is working in me a well..to give me discernment about what and when to say things. Can you imagine if we went to lunch or had coffee or something? I can picture God just laughing at us both. Going on and on. I'm really good at talking about kids and being married and family stuff. I have LOTS to say on that subject. Because I have so much inspiration! BTW - When are you coming to Durango? Summer is a beautiful time here... lots of sun, rafting, hiking, sightseeing. Plus there are some really cool chicks in this little town. :) Right Tiff and Jill?

Heidi Stone said...

Praying things go well tomorrow morning! See you at 4.30!